The Regulation applies to most forms of Crypto Assets whether Securities or otherwise, which are listed and available for trading on an organized market. Specific Rules:
- Minimum disclosure standards applicable to Crypto Assets to ensure risks are fully identified to investors.
- Technology governance and security standards applied in respect of the Crypto Assets are set out and intended to align with internationally accepted standards – following a principles-based approach.
- Specific obligations for custodians and fund-raising platforms.
- Crypto exchange rules must build on existing regulatory requirements for securities and commodity exchanges approved by the SCA and reflect measures to cover the risks specific to operating an exchange for Crypto-Assets.
- Applying AML rules to such market participants to avoid financial crime controls, including AML protections and market abuse.